Hometown: Chuadanga, Bangladesh
Education: BFA, Department of Oriental Art, Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Dhaka
MFA, MS University, Baroda, India
- 2000: Divine Art Gallery, Dhaka
- 2001: Zainul Gallery, Institute of Fine Arts, Dhaka
- 2004: Bengal Gallery of Fine Arts, Dhaka
- 2006: Hamail Art Gallery, Lahore.
Major Group Exhibitions
1973-08: Over 120 group shows in India, Canada, China, Russian Federation, Indonesia, Nepal, UAE, Japan, Iran, Denmark, Czech Republic, Pakistan, USA, Belgium and Bangladesh.
Workshops, Art Camps and Residency Programs
- 1979: Printmaking workshop conducted by artist Monirul Islam; Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy, Dhaka
- 1992: Artist and Environment, Goethe-institute, Chittagong
- 1995: The Different Perspective in the Work of Women, Goethe-institute, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 1999: Contemporary Bengali Artists’ Workshop, Bengal Foundation Dhaka
- 2002: Asian Art Workshop, Rajendrapur, Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy and Bengal Foundation-Voluntary Artists Studio of Thimphu (VAST), Thimphu’, Bhutan
- 2005: Shako Women’s Art Workshop’ Dhaka
- 2006: Pahela Baishakh Art Camp, Bengal Foundation, Dhaka; REMBRANDT 400, Netherlands’ Ambassador’s Residence, Dhaka; Dhaka Art Camp 2006, Bangshibari, Savar, Bengal Foundation, Dhaka.
- 1977-78: Best Award, Oriental Painting, Institute of Fine Arts, Dhaka
- 1979: Grand Zamui Abeam Memorial Award (Gold Medal), Institute of Fine Arts, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 1980: Best Award, Experimental Oriental Painting, Institute of Fine Arts, Dhaka
- 1983: Honorable Mention, National Miniature Art Exhibition, Gallery Tone, Dhaka
Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy, Bangladesh National Museum, Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Bengal Foundation, Dhaka; India, Pakistan, Bhutan, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Norway and many private collections at home and abroad.