About her Painting:
In the painting Balance-9, a woman seeks justice for the repressions she has had to undergo. She appeals in front of some chairs that symbolize the people holding power. However, in this courtroom the women are also considered suspended inorganic objects like apples, brushes, hangers etc. So the woman’s plea fails to find any respond at all. The men with power turn their back towards her.
Education: 1st Class, M.F.A. Drawing and Painting, Institute of Fine Arts, Dhaka University.
- Japan-Bangladesh contemporary art exhibition, Zainul Gallery, DU. Bangladesh. 2008
- 13th Asian Art Biannual, organized by Shilpokola Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2008
- 17th young art Exhibition, organized by Shilpokala Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2004 Traditional Miniyecher Art Exhibition. Organized by Britto 2007
- “Collage Kalpaa” Collage Workshop Exhibition organized by Bengal Gallery of fine arts 2007
- International Women’s Day, Lahore 2007
- “20 women Artists of Bangladesh” organized by society for promotion of Bangladesh 2007
- Expressions of Shako Organized by Shako (Women Artist association of Bangladesh)2007
- Nepal-Bangladesh art exhibition-2006
- 5 international artist ‘s group show, organized by BRITTO ,2006
- 12th Asian Art Biannual, organized by Shilpokola Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh,2006
- Seoul international art exhibition-2005
- Colors of Shako Organized by Bengal Gallery of Fine Arts-2005
- Image in Mirror (An Exhibition to collect fund for Tsunami Victims) Organized by Shako-2005
- 15th young art Exhibition, organized by Shilpokala Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2004
- International Women’s Day Group Art Exhibition Organized by SHAKO (Women Artist Association of Bangladesh) 2004.
- Bangladesh-Myanmar Art Exhibition, Organized by BRITTO-2004.
- Peace Song- works of 28 women artists organized by women’s initiative for peace in South Asia. 2003
- Group Art Exhibition by five contemporary artist at Zainul Gallery, 2002, Institute of Fine Arts, Dhaka University.
- 15th National art Exhibition organized by Shilpokala Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2002
- 14th young art Exhibition, organized by Shilpokala Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2002
- 10th Asian Art Biannual, organized by Shilpokala Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2001
- “Women Artist Exhibition” International Women Day 8th March 2000.
- Water Color Exhibition Organized by Charu Shilpy Shangsad at Zainul Gallery, D.U. 1995
- Institute of Fine Art’s 50th Anniversary Drawing & Painting Exhibition at Zainul Gallery & National Museum Art Gallery, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 1999
- 1993-2002 Participated in all Annual Exhibitions, Institute of Fine Art, D.U.
- 2005: Khoj at Mumbai. organized by Khoj India.
- 2006: Britto at Dhaka. organized by Britto Bangladesh.
- 2007: Miniyecher Art workshop,organized by Britto (Guide Pakistani Miniyecher Artist Wasim ahmed)
- 1995 : Water Color Workshop Organized by Charu Shilpy Shangsad.
- 1996 : Book Illustration by National Book Centre.
- 2003 : “Female Artist Workshop” Guide Mostofa Monower) organized by ‘Shako’ (Female Artists Organization)
- 2004: “Baishakhi water based work shop’’ (Guide Artist Rofikhun Nobi) organized by Art collector Gallery
- 2004: “Dokra Workshop” organized by Britto Art trust.
- 2004: “Collage workshop” (Guide Artist Monirul Islam) organized by Bengal Foundation.
- 2005: Collaboration Workshop & Exhibition, Contemporary Artists and Riksha painters organized by Britto Art trust.